The Foundation Collection are works that were selected by the Trustees from the estate of William Robert Johnston (1911-1986) between July 1989 and April 1993.
Roger Brookes, Honorary Life Member (2006) and an inaugural Ambassador (2008-2017) has donated to the Collection and assisted with the acquisition of English 18th century furniture, ceramics, glass and silver.
Nina Stanton (1948–2009) was Director of The Johnston Collection (2000–2008) and Founding Chairman of The Copland Foundation. In 2009 the Trust received a significant bequest for the acquisition of 18th century porcelain in her name.
Christine Bell, Ambassador (2018), has donated to the Collection and supports the acquisition of English 18th century furniture, ceramics, glass and silver.
Alwynne Jona OAM (1926-2012) was an inaugural Ambassador (2008-2012) of The Johnston Collection. In 2013 the Trust received donations from her personal collection of English porcelain along with a bequest to be used for the purchase of 18th century porcelain.
Andrew Dixon was President of The Friends of TJC (2003-2005), was appointed Honorary Life Member (2006), and made an inaugural Ambassador (2008). He has donated to the collection and supports the acquisition of English 18th century ceramics, glass, silver, and additions to the Reference Library.