cup and saucer

manufacturer: New Hall china manufactory (English, estab. 1781, closed 1836);  formerly attributed to: Coalport porcelain factory (English, estab. 1795, closed 1862); 

circa 1810
See full details

Object Detail


Description
cup and saucer, matching richly decorated in the oriental manner with figures in a landscape with an arching bridge, cottage and exotic foliage, in a cobalt, light blue and orange palette, with gilt enrichments and a meandering foliate border, partial mark only to cup
Maker and role
manufacturer: New Hall china manufactory (English, estab. 1781, closed 1836)
formerly attributed to: Coalport porcelain factory (English, estab. 1795, closed 1862)
Production place
Shelton, Staffordshire potteries district, Staffordshire, England
Production date
circa 1810
Media description
bone china, underglaze blue, gilded
Measurements
cup: 60 mm
saucer: dia 145 mm
Measurement details
height: 60mm
diameter: 145mm
Credit line
purchased with funds provided by Ambassador, Mr Andrew Dixon, Melbourne, 2017
Project credit line
This digital record has been made available on TJC Collection Online through a significant donation from the OPENING DOORS fund, the generous support of The Friends of The Johnston Collection, and Digitisation Champion Christine Bell
Accession number
A1401